Simple Steps To Achieving a Successful Website Redesign
Have you decided to upgrade your website to enhance the user experience? Although website redesign may seem time-consuming and challenging, it’s much easier if you follow a step-by-step process to achieve your desired results. When taking the right approach to revamping your website, you will end up with a high-quality, easy-to-navigate site that keeps visitors engaged and helps you serve your purpose, whether by providing valuable information or selling products and services to the public.
Why Create a Website Redesign Strategy?
Developing a website redesign strategy is an excellent idea for anyone with an outdated site that doesn’t provide the most enjoyable experience possible. For example, visitors will become frustrated if your pages load too slowly and will likely exit the site without buying anything or engaging with your brand.
According to a survey conducted by Digital.com, one in every two web visitors will abandon their online shopping cart if the pages aren’t loading fast enough. Roughly 53% of consumers shopping online believe web pages should load within the first three seconds of arrival. If your web pages are loading too slowly, this is an issue that could be causing you to lose out on business, but it’s nothing a redesign can’t fix.
Although slow-loading pages are one of the reasons to focus on a professional website redesign, there are a few other reasons to take the steps needed to revamp your site.
You may want to begin redesigning your website because:
- It has an outdated appearance that no longer matches the aesthetic you wish to achieve.
- Your brand messaging needs to be clarified, and you believe it’s holding you back from connecting with web visitors.
- Everything on your site currently looks unorganized and out of place, making the experience frustrating for consumers.
- You’ve struggled with branding and want to switch things up to create a customized look and feel.
- You’re ready to provide the most unforgettable experience that keeps consumers wanting to come back to your site.
Focus On Branding
The first step to excelling at professional website redesign is to focus on branding. Before you can work on the branding of your site, ask yourself the following questions:
- What does my brand stand for?
- What are some of the colors that best represent my brand?
- What message am I trying to convey to consumers when they visit my website?
Once you’ve answered these questions, you will better understand what you’re trying to accomplish with the redesign. You may then take the following steps to begin branding your website, ensuring it represents everything your business stands for and wishes to communicate to others.
Selecting The Right Theme For Your Website Redesign
Here at Ninety Web, we can customize one for you or if you prefer to search online for pre-made templates available for purchase. Choose a theme that isn’t too busy and offers enough space for the content you plan to add to your website.
Pick The Colors/Brand Look You’d Like To Use On Your Website
Always choose colors that evoke positive emotions and are easy to see. For example, you wouldn’t want to use white text on a cream background because some people would have difficulty reading it.
Have A New Logo Created For Your Brand
If your previous logo wasn’t cutting it or doesn’t pair well with the aesthetic you’re going for, consider hiring us to design your logo and branding. We can help create a beautiful logo based on the colors you want, what your business offers, and any ideas you might have.
The key to branding is to create something unique that will set your website apart from others.
Make Your Message Clear
Consumers shouldn’t have to guess the message you’re trying to communicate to them upon landing on your website. However, if you want your web traffic to convert and you’re hoping to get consumers to stay on your site much longer than before, you need to make your messaging clear. The best way to do this is through straightforward, concise content that gets to the point. You don’t want to keep people guessing what your brand offers because they can lose interest quickly, leaving your website without taking any action.
Implement SEO into Your Website Redesign
When you’re putting effort into a professional website redesign, you want to ensure that as many people as possible are landing on your site. But that likely will only happen if you implement search engine optimization (SEO). Search engine optimization boosts visibility, making it much easier for the average consumer to come across your website while searching for keywords relating to your niche on Google. Some of the best ways to integrate SEO into your web content include:
- Completing keyword research – You need to know which niche-related keywords you can use on your site to gain more traction.
- Creating valuable content – While it helps to include some keywords in your content, it’s critical to have practical, high-quality content on your website. Never use content that doesn’t make sense, and avoid keyword stuffing to the point that your paragraphs look more like spam. If you don’t know how to create content, we can help you in the content creation process, ensuring it sounds excellent and helps you connect with your audience.
- Use your keywords in other places – Along with adding keywords to the content you’re placing directly to your site, you can also use those keywords in other areas of the site, such as alt tags in photos and videos you plan to post on your site.
These are only some of the many ways to implement search engine optimization into your website redesign. By selecting relevant keywords and creating meaningful content, you can achieve better results in the long run.
Conduct Research on the Competition
If you want users to have an incredible experience while visiting your website, you need to do competitor research. It’s not about copying your competitors. Instead, it’s about seeing what they’re doing and coming up with a plan of action to get ahead of them. You can start conducting research by taking the following steps:
- Create a list of your competitors – The competitors are brands that offer similar products and/or services to consumers.
- Monitor your competition – Once you’ve narrowed the competition down, the next step is to monitor what they’re doing. Learn more about their brand and get a feel for their online presence. Get a feel for how they’re getting people to visit them on the web. Most importantly, see what consumers are saying about the brand.
- Complete a competitive analysis – Collect data on your competitors, including the products they sell, the sales they make, and the marketing strategy they’re taking to reach the audience. Use this information to your advantage to create a plan for your website redesign that sets the bar higher.
By researching your competition, you gain a better feel for what works and what doesn’t. In addition, you can learn from what they’re doing wrong, avoiding those mistakes while providing the best experience possible for the consumers. While you may think it’s not important to know what the competition is doing, the information you collect is incredibly valuable and plays an integral role in your website redesign efforts.
Choose The Correct CMS
When revamping your website, it’s always beneficial to do research on which CMS platforms is the most suitable for your website. You can use the correct CMS to create, upload, and edit content produced on your website without worrying too much about coding. One of the most popular content management systems is WordPress. If you’re familiar with it and know how to create content using the system, you can stick with it. However, other options are available, such as Shopify for eCommerce, and Joomla. We also break down CMS platforms in our best CMS platforms list. If you don’t know which one to pick, look for a system offering some or all of the following features:
- Easily accessible dashboard – Having access to everything at your fingertips can simplify the process of redesigning your website. You should choose a content management system with an easily accessible dashboard that helps you navigate your site and complete different tasks.
- Content editing – You should be able to produce content quickly and go back to edit it if and when you need to while using your content management system.
- Content organization options – A reliable content management system will make it easier to keep your content organized, allowing you to keep track of everything posted to your website.
Some of the most straightforward features can help you complete a professional website redesign with minimal stress. Look for these and other convenient, time-saving features that you can enjoy when working on your website.
If you’d like to successfully redesign your website, follow these simple steps or contact us today for a free evaluation of your website. A newly updated website with fast-loading pages, high-quality content, and a distinctive theme that sets your brand apart from the rest will benefit you for years to come. A modern and sophisticated website that offers valuable information can keep web visitors engaged for extended periods, converting many of them into loyal supporters of your brand.
Unleash The Power Of Web Design & Marketing
We are trusted by some of the leading local businesses. Join them today!